Muscat : What to see and do – Top 5
During my first road trip in Oman, we just skipped Muscat all-together to hit the road as fast as possible. Not so much of a city-lover you might say.
I only discovered Muscat during my second trip and I loved it! I had a really nice time there. If you are curious to know about my favorite places in Muscat, here is a post for you!
My five favorite places in Muscat :
- The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque : I have said it before : Do not miss it! It is one of the most beautiful mosque I have seen. Majestic!
- Muttrah souq : A must-see for every traveler seeking the atmosphere of a “One thousand and one nights” traditional Arab market. Prepare to show off your bargaining skills!
- Muttrah Corniche : I really enjoyed this place. The “Corniche” is the sea-front walk by the Muttrah souq. It has a nice relaxing atmosphere to it and a great juice bar.
- Al Qurum : Great place to spent a chilling evening. Many restaurants, bars and coffee shop in the area. I can recommend Al Deyar (restaurant/bar/shisha). Popular among locals. Great atmosphere.
- Omani French Museum : I am usually not fond of museums but I found this one interesting, especially the part where they reproduced a typical Omani interior. They also let you smell the “Amouage – Most expensive perfume in the world”…Museum anyone?:)
(Credit for the beautiful pictures : Claudine Severens, friend and travel companion. Thank you :))
If you live in Muscat or have been to Muscat, please tell me about favorite places. I would love to hear about them and visit them someday
Discover new places around the world for free!
Sign up and receive free updates directly to your mailbox. It is also a good way to support this blog.