My Ultimate Bucket List
When I was little, my first and only travel dream was to go to Australia and meet kangaroos (I was a big fan of Skippy :)). Granted, I didn’t know much about the world but that’s probably when my travel itch started. I had to go to Australia!
Sadly I haven’t been to Australia yet (*still saving*) but one thing is sure : the more you travel, the more you want to keep traveling. You know, this syndrome : You barely finished your vacations that you start planning the next ones.
Since my first travel, my to-do list hasn’t stopped getting longer and longer. It is so long that I wonder if I haven’t forgotten my first “to-do’s” which is a shame because they probably were awesome!
It is always fun to see how your goals and aspirations evolve as you become a more experienced traveler. My first travel experiences were “beach resorts” vacations and so were my dream vacations at that point : “beach, pool, food”. Heaven!
I don’t mean that beach resorts are not good, in fact they are really relaxing but my interests have evolved. I discovered the outdoors and I discovered that I love hiking. And if you start thinking about all the amazing trails around the globe to explore.. well it’s about how long my dream bucket list is.
Luckily I am also (slightly) realistic and have shorten it to make it more do-able and readable.
Don’t worry, my childhood dream to go to Australia is still on it. I might keep it till the last moment for a “Grand Final”! An ultimate “Bucket List Done” celebration travel! Even though I am pretty sure, travel bucket lists can never be totally accomplished. It is dark magic at work which keep them getting longer.
My ultimate travel bucket list
- Hike Tour du Mont-Blanc (Alps, France/Italy/Switzerland)
- Step in all five continents
- Drive the Ring Road in Iceland
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania)
- and .. do a safari in Tanzania
- Backpack in South America
- Go trekking in Nepal
- Volunteer in Africa
- Hike Kungsleden (Sweden – Lapland)
- Take yoga classes in India
- See “Paradise falls” (UP)
- Visit a tropical island (Snorkeling)
- Dive in the red sea and see sharks (Egypt)
- Go canyoning in Zion canyon (USA)
- Explore New Zealand (Lord of the rings anyone?)
- Visit all European capitals
- Step in Antarctica
- Summit Mont-Blanc (Highest peak in Europe)
- Cross the Sahara by camel
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef (Australia)
and while we are at it
- Visit all countries in the world
- Summit all mountains in the world
- Go to the moon
And for my grand final – childhood dream
- Meet Skippy (or its friends) in Australia
I am sure this list will get longer but I hope to cross out most of them in the future (ok, maybe not all my “dreamer goals” :D).
I would be curious to hear about your dream destination…
Discover new places around the world for free!
Sign up and receive free updates directly to your mailbox. It is also a good way to support this blog.